Saturday, June 21, 2008

2008 General Assembly A Powerful Spirit Filled Experience

Hi--My Name is Elder Robert H. Wright,Jr and I am an Elder Commissioner from Pittsburgh Presbytery. My home church is thye Aspinwall Presbyterian Church which is located in Aspinwall Pa. On Palm Sunday 1999, my church was destroyed by fire. But through the grace of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, we re-builded our church.

This is my first General Assembly. What a powerful Spirit filled experience this has been. I have met so many beautiful "Children" of God. This is indeed a beautiful church. While there are some issues that I do not agree with, it is important to me that the powerful WORD of God be preached and proclaimed.

In the days ahead, I hope to share more of my feelings and observations. In the meantime, Please keep me and my fellow commissioners in your daily thoughts and prayers. Also, please uplift our pastors, lay leaders, and congregations(local, national, and global) in your days thoughts in prayers.

Elder Robert H. Wright, Jr

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What are the issues that you do not agree with? Is Gods word being proclaimed during this time?